PRIOR TO USING THIS WEBSITE, WE ADVISE YOU TO CAREFULLY REVIEW ALL OF THE SECTIONS THAT APPEAR BELOW.
Casebook PBC is the creator and servicer of the Casebook Platform and the Casebook suite of business applications for human services. In furtherance of these activities, Casebook PBC maintains our own website (www.casebook.net), and a presence on certain third party websites and applications that allows individuals and agencies to learn more about our product and services and provide us with feedback.
The Casebook PBC website is a general audience website and Casebook does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
Rights and Responsibilities Regarding Digitally Shared Personal Information
Digital Users’ Rights and Responsibilities Regarding Digitally Shared Personal Information
- The Casebook PBC website automatically captures a limited amount of anonymous information (see “Anonymous Information,” below), but personal information such as the name and contact information of digital users is not automatically gathered by the Casebook PBC website. The choice of how much personal information you provide to Casebook PBC via the Casebook PBC website is left completely to you and is voluntary. Casebook PBC does not require you to submit personal information in order to access the Casebook PBC website. However, you may voluntarily supply personally identifiable information to Casebook PBC through the Casebook PBC website, through third party websites or applications, or via email.
- The third party hosting the Casebook PBC website;
- The third party email vendor used by Casebook PBC; and
- The third party vendors used by Casebook PBC for emailing and marketing campaigns, internal research and development, and background checks.
- You have the right to request that Casebook PBC remove your personal information from marketing lists and cease using this information for marketing or research purposes.
- If you have submitted your personal data for the purposes of consideration for employment at Casebook PBC, you may request to revoke your application for consideration.
- By using the Casebook PBC website or otherwise submitting information to Casebook PBC, you thereby acknowledge that Casebook PBC is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you thereby release Casebook PBC from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Casebook PBC’s Rights and Responsibilities Regarding Digitally Shared Personal Information
- Through voluntary submission of personal information (either through the Casebook PBC website, email, or a third party website or application), Casebook PBC may collect and use personal information about digital users (including but not limited to name, address, telephone number and email) for the following purposes:
- Responding to queries or requests submitted by a digital user;
- Administering to or otherwise carrying out our obligations in relation to any agreement we may have with a digital user;
- Tailoring our services to match specified requirements;
- Anticipating and resolving problems with services supplied to a digital user or other customer;
- Improving our services or creating services that may meet current and new customer needs;
- Communicating with digital users about our services, including through Casebook PBC updates, newsletters and other marketing emails, for which Casebook PBC may share the provided information with third parties who create or distribute these materials;
- Casebook PBC internal research and development, for which Casebook PBC may share the provided information with third parties involved in the research and development process; and
- Consideration for potential employment at Casebook PBC, for which Casebook PBC may share the provided information with third parties for the purposes of background and reference checks.
- Legal Purposes – We may provide your information to third parties as required by law or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authority.
- Health or Safety – We may share your information when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health or safety of you, another person or the public generally.
- Government Requests– There may be other circumstances in which a government agency makes a request of Casebook PBC, and we may be required by law to disclose information you submit.
- Casebook PBC will not provide digital users with any form of compensation for their personal information, unless it is explicitly agreed upon in separate and duly executed agreement for services between Casebook PBC and a specific digital user.
- Casebook PBC may transfer provided personal information, cause provided personal information to be transferred, or allow their third party vendors to transfer provided personal information to countries outside of the United States. By way of example, this may happen if any of the servers hosting the Casebook PBC website are located in a country outside of the United States, or if one of our third party service providers is located in a country outside of the United States. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the United States. If Casebook PBC transfers a digital user’s information outside of the United States in this way, we will take steps to protect that digital user’s privacy rights. In addition, if a digital user uses our services while they are outside the United States, their information may be transferred outside the United States in order to provide you with those services.
- Casebook PBC will endeavor to protect provided personal information and store it in a secure manner, but is not liable to digital users for any interception breach or other incident impacting the provided information. Casebook PBC cannot guarantee that any information submitted by digital users is totally secure. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and Casebook PBC makes no representation, warranty or guarantee that the Casebook PBC website or the computer systems we use to store or transmit information are protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities or that your information will always be secure. Casebook PBC can also not make any representations, warranties or guarantees regarding third party websites or applications. As stated above, by using the Casebook PBC website or otherwise submitting information to Casebook PBC, digital users thereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and those digital users thereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- Upon request, Casebook PBC will endeavor to remove a digital user’s personal information from our possession and request that our third party vendors do the same, but there may be some delays in processing and Casebook PBC cannot guarantee that this removal will be immediate, or that third parties will comply with such a request.
Casebook PBC gathers information from users of the Casebook PBC website during normal browsing, but this browsing information is not tied back to a specific individual user. Like many other websites, Casebook PBC receives and collects information about your session, including the IP (internet protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system you use, the files you download, pages you visit and dates/times of those visits. This information about your session or about you may also be collected by technology such as a “cookie” (explained below).
Links to Third Party Websites and Embedded Third Party Content
Venue and Interpretation
Third Party Websites Have Their Own Privacy Policies
Anytime you interact with third-party websites, even if the purpose of the interaction is to contact or provide information to Casebook PBC, you should read the applicable third party’s privacy policies and terms of service. Those third parties collect, process and share information about you in line with their own policies.
Casebook PBC Makes No Representations Regarding the Security of User Information
As stated above, by using the Casebook PBC website or otherwise submitting information to Casebook PBC, digital users are consenting to allow Casebook PBC to process, access, share and otherwise use that information as described in this policy and, as applicable, for Casebook PBC’s third party providers to process, access, share and otherwise use that information on Casebook PBC’s behalf. While Casebook PBC will attempt to maintain the privacy of all digital user information, Casebook PBC is not liable for any interception, breach or other incident impacting digital user information and makes no representation, warranty or guarantee regarding the security of the digital user information.
Casebook PBC Does Not Solicit Information From Children Protected by COPPA
Casebook PBC does not encourage nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 on our website or through third party websites or applications. If you are a child under the age of 13 and wish to contact Casebook PBC through our website or a third party website or application, we request that you do so through aparent or legal guardian.
Casebook PBC is NOT a Human Services Agency
While Casebook PBC’s mission is to assist human services agencies and the individuals they serve, Casebook PBC is not a human services agencies. Please do not provide personal health information or other protected information to Casebook PBC via the Casebook PBC website or a third party website or application that connects to Casebook PBC. If you or someone you know is in need, we encourage you to contact one of your state or local agencies.