The company takes care of our team so the team can take care of the world.
Great Places to Work
Built-in New York
Top 100 Places to Work
Top 50 Small Places to Work
Top 50 Best Perks and Benefits
2019 “Best for the World” Honoree
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to serve as a data architect and technical lead for “all things data” in the Casebook Platform. Responsibilities include data modeling, design of the data pipeline supporting reporting and analytics, data quality initiatives, and data analysis to improve our product and human services outcomes. The position is also responsible for serving as a data domain expert in client engagements.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
- Create data vision, goals, and priorities for Casebook in collaboration with executive team
- Conceptualize and guide data processing, warehouse and analysis projects
- Design and oversee database models, schemas, data processing scripts, and data validation approach
- Implement data governance policies consistent with client requirements
- Guide the development of data management framework that meets business needs and ensures users can find the information they need with speed and precision
- Ensure data quality in deployments of the Casebook Platform
- Work with data engineers, developers and product team to ensure common understanding of application behavior and data requirements
- Develop human services domain expertise to provide effective leadership
- Ensure that data conversion from legacy human services systems into the Casebook data model yields high quality data
- Work closely with system integration partner and client data engineering teams
- Consult with engineers about how database tables should be structured, ensure that new data elements are well-defined; and consult on how validations are implemented.
- Develop and track measures regarding the effectiveness and usability of features and the quality of collected data.
- Evaluate and recommend data products, tools and services to support business needs
- Review and sign off on production data fixes
- Conceptualize and influence data related warehousing and interface projects
What You Have (Skills and Requirements):
- Exceptional ability to process and synthesize information to deliver optimal solutions and identify roadblocks.
- Candidates should have several years’ experience working with technical and operational management and process owners
- Strong ability to conceive and communicate the broader data picture
- Solid experience translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Extensive experience with ETL design and implementation of multiple databases
- Experience with metadata definition, implementation and maintenance
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments
- Initiative and judgment to get results, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of system development life cycle, technical project management approaches and requirements, design and test techniques
- Experience with PostgreSQL and related technologies strongly desired
- Experience with cloud services in data management and analysis, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with distributed platforms and information management systems.
- Experience doing data analysis with Python, R or Scala
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management or information systems, or equivalent experience
At Casebook PBC, our software makes people’s lives better. Our company is committed to empowering community well-being through the delivery of adaptive, research-based and practice-driven technology. Designed to “help the helpers,” our innovative and award-winning SaaS solutions help improve outcomes in human services. We are continually expanding and updating the Casebook Platform in the hopes that our technology will reach a broader array of agencies, and that we will push the entire industry to innovate and aspire to a higher standard. We are a mission-driven company, and by joining, you’ll be making that mission a reality.
Service Delivery is the core of our operation and key to supporting Casebook’s mission to ‘help the helpers’ in Human Services. Casebook’s Service Delivery team aspires to achieve this mission by delivering user-friendly, data-driven SaaS offerings to organizations that support our nation’s most vulnerable. Service Delivery is a customer-facing function that interfaces with our customers to understand their needs and manage the implementation of our platform to their organizations. The Service Delivery Manager is the face of the company to new and existing customers.
As the key contact in a transition, the Service Delivery Manager is part strategist, part project manager — working with customer stakeholders and teams to manage the successful implementation of our platform and its services in a way that solves problems in their organizations and creates value to propel them forward toward their own missions. This role includes responsibilities for project management (on-boarding, integration, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention, etc.), customer satisfaction and outcomes (e.g., Improvement to customer happiness metrics, testimonials, external recommendations, renewals, etc.).
Casebook PBC is also an equal opportunity employer. At Casebook PBC, we appreciate the value of diversity, and strive to create and support a workforce representative of the population we serve. Casebook PBC is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all employees, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender expression and identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, sexual and reproductive health decisions, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
- Manage Customer Success & Experience activities
- Product Implementation
- Stakeholder Management
- Contract Management during Transition
- Product Configuration
- Professional Services, as applicable
- Product Maintenance & Customer Support
- Customer Success Management
- Measure the Effectiveness of Customer Success & Experience
- Define operational metrics for team
- Develop customer success metrics (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Drive Customer Engagement Outcomes
- Deliver contract promises, keeping scope tightly boxed in and avoiding scope-deviation without change-order
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Secure positive customer references
- 5+ years of leading deployment teams, ideally using Agile development techniques, through full project lifecycles, in B2B SaaS. Public sector or human services experience preferred.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably SaaS
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Experience managing projects with diverse stakeholders across different locations
- Experience with Agile/Scrum or SAFe projects. Preferred experience with successfully completed IT legacy replacement projects for a human services entity
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders and interact with senior leadership
- Proven experience negotiating between customer needs and resource and technical constraints
- Obsessed with creating amazing customer experiences
- Ability and desire to grow and lead a team
- Willingness to go the extra mile to make things happen; ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Strong desire and skills to succeed in a startup environment: tenacious, self-directed, flexible, strategic but can turn on a dime, able to inspire others and to be inspired
Based in NYC
Reports to the Chief Product Officer
Culture and Benefits Summary
Casebook PBC is proud to be a certified Great Place to Work: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7015438
Additionally, Casebook PBC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan, including fully funded medical, dental and vision plans, 401k contributions and generous paid time off. We value our employees and are committed to supporting them as they help make our vision a reality.
No current openings. Check again soon.