The company takes care of our team so the team can take care of the world.
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to serve as a data architect and technical lead for “all things data” in the Casebook Platform. Responsibilities include data modeling, design of the data pipeline supporting reporting and analytics, data quality initiatives, and data analysis to improve our product and human services outcomes. The position is also responsible for serving as a data domain expert in client engagements.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
- Create data vision, goals, and priorities for Casebook in collaboration with executive team
- Conceptualize and guide data processing, warehouse and analysis projects
- Design and oversee database models, schemas, data processing scripts, and data validation approach
- Implement data governance policies consistent with client requirements
- Guide the development of data management framework that meets business needs and ensures users can find the information they need with speed and precision
- Ensure data quality in deployments of the Casebook Platform
- Work with data engineers, developers and product team to ensure common understanding of application behavior and data requirements
- Develop human services domain expertise to provide effective leadership
- Ensure that data conversion from legacy human services systems into the Casebook data model yields high quality data
- Work closely with system integration partner and client data engineering teams
- Consult with engineers about how database tables should be structured, ensure that new data elements are well-defined; and consult on how validations are implemented.
- Develop and track measures regarding the effectiveness and usability of features and the quality of collected data.
- Evaluate and recommend data products, tools and services to support business needs
- Review and sign off on production data fixes
- Conceptualize and influence data related warehousing and interface projects
What You Have (Skills and Requirements):
- Exceptional ability to process and synthesize information to deliver optimal solutions and identify roadblocks.
- Candidates should have several years’ experience working with technical and operational management and process owners
- Strong ability to conceive and communicate the broader data picture
- Solid experience translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Extensive experience with ETL design and implementation of multiple databases
- Experience with metadata definition, implementation and maintenance
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments
- Initiative and judgment to get results, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of system development life cycle, technical project management approaches and requirements, design and test techniques
- Experience with PostgreSQL and related technologies strongly desired
- Experience with cloud services in data management and analysis, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with distributed platforms and information management systems.
- Experience doing data analysis with Python, R or Scala
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management or information systems, or equivalent experience
About Casebook PBC
Originally incubated by the Annie. E. Casey Foundation, Casebook PBC is the developer of the patent-pending, award-winning Casebook platform. Developed in close partnership with human services practitioners and in continuous use for over 6 years, Casebook is the only person-centric platform built specifically to serve the needs of those that serve others.
Casebook PBC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k, and is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and are committed to supporting them as they help make our vision a reality.
Build something that matters
We help people who are at risk. We help the people who are trying to help those people. We accomplish this through multi-channel, user-centered products making up our platform, Casebook. Our long-term objective is to continue developing, selling, and implementing innovative technology for public sector (State & Local government) and private sector human services – from child welfare, to juvenile justice, adult services, mental health, and so on.
The stability of a large company, the financial upside of a start-up
Casebook serves a broad market of public and private sector human services agencies with their business-critical technology which translates into longer term, more stable contracts and employment. However, as a for-profit public benefit corporation, we can offer equity and financial upside that is more indicative of technology start-ups.
Help us foster an ecosystem of better technology for government
Our goal is to make the highly regulated world of government operational technology as usable and enjoyable as consumer web-based products – so that government can gather and utilize reliable data in order to manage its operations and improve its ability to serve constituents.
Our ideal Product Manager candidate is smart, humble, multi-faceted, and comfortable wearing a variety of hats.
Human services policy is extremely complex, so a talent and enthusiasm for regulatory complexity, data, deep workflows and an appreciation for the diverse needs of system-wide stakeholders is essential.
- Title: Product Manager
- Who You’ll Work With: caseworkers and other staff in government and non-profit human services agencies, designers, software engineers, sales, other Casebook product managers, and executive staff.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand and describe the government human services technology market, regulatory environment and customer needs to your team
- Collaborate and coordinate across the organization – at all levels – to identify, refine platform priorities moving forward
- Become the subject matter expert on the product category or component for the rest of the organization and demo regularly
- Develop and iterate on product roadmaps, release plans, and other supporting materials to share your solutions with internal and external teams
- Produce and edit materials for user design meetings, story breakdown meetings, user tests, product marketing and sales
- Facilitate roadmapping and backlog grooming sessions with development teams
- Represent the product vision to your Agile development team
- Define product KPIs
- Collaborate with and provide support to support teams — training, helpdesk, change management, customer success, etc.
What You’ve Got:
- A honed ability to communicate the business value of product features to various audiences
- Depth of experience prioritizing product development work and organizing team members around those priorities
- A love for solving hard problems at scale
- Preferred experience in Agile processes
- Minimum 1 year experience in user story-writing, acceptance criteria definition, managing a backlog and understanding how to keep a development team working efficiently
- Familiarity with enterprise project management involving multiple streams, complex dependencies and complicated stakeholder ecosystems
- Strong presentation skills, particularly the ability to demo technology and to convey complex information and decision-related data concisely and logically
- Exceptional analytical, visual, and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with active listening abilities and instincts
- Strong desire and skills to succeed in a startup environment: tenacious, self-directed, flexible, strategic but can turn on a dime, able to inspire others and to be inspired
- Willingness to go the extra mile to make things happen; ability to travel up to 25% of time
- 3 to 5 years experience in product development or management for web and mobile applications, experience with SaaS applications, microservices and APIs a plus
- Preferred experience in government or enterprise technology projects (particularly if you were dissatisfied and want to make a bigger impact)
What you’ll enjoy
- The opportunity to work on a product that can transform lives
- Not only work on cutting-edge and innovative technology but feel good about what we’re doing as a company (food for the soul)
- Creatively solve difficult problems
- Work in small teams collaboratively with Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers
- Access to a creative, engaged community of engineers, PMs, designers and entrepreneurs
- Agile work environment
- Kitchen with snacks, occasional breakfasts and lunches
- Chelsea location
- Full benefits package, 401k matching, 13 company holidays, 4 personal days, unlimited sick days, 20 vacation days
No current openings. Check again soon.
No current openings. Check again soon.