The company takes care of our team so the team can take care of the world.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a senior software/systems engineer, who will serve in a client-facing role for the implementation of a large IT integration project. Our ideal candidate has deep experience building with enterprise software, and is committed to standing up a shippable product as part of a diverse team that includes client stakeholders, other software engineers, QA testers, release managers, product managers, and infrastructure engineers. He or she is a born problem solver, with a solid understanding of web technology, architecture, and process who is able to drive consensus around workable solutions.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities):
- Provide technical leadership in the integration, implementation, and transition of large, complex human services system
- Understand and synthesize integration requirements, and develop recommendations based on business objectives, product roadmap, solution architecture and technical considerations
- Contribute to the development of Casebook platform functionality using state-of-the-art frameworks and tools
- Specify and troubleshoot API integrations in an ecosystem of multiple systems
- Work closely with client stakeholders, partners, product managers, platform architect, and other software engineers
- Constantly learn and use leading-edge technologies
- Implement a system that will address the needs of vulnerable populations
What You Have (Skills and Experience):
- Experience building multi-tier web applications (Ruby or Scala preferred)
- Experience leading a major IT application implementation effort
- Ability to synthesize information to deliver optimal solutions and identify roadblocks
- Experience working with technical and operational management, and process owners
- Must have a strong background in software engineering principles and techniques.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify critical issues, escalate them and drive them to resolution.
- Experience in an agile software development project
- Experience using a software version control system (e.g., Git) in a project with multiple developers committing to a shared repository
- Experience with IT security architecture and best practices
- Experience with software testing, including test planning, integration testing and load and performance testing
- Familiarity with an automated build and deploy pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
Lead Data Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to serve as a data architect and technical lead for “all things data” in the Casebook Platform. Responsibilities include data modeling, design of the data pipeline supporting reporting and analytics, data quality initiatives, and data analysis to improve our product and human services outcomes. The position is also responsible for serving as a data domain expert in client engagements.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
- Create data vision, goals, and priorities for Casebook in collaboration with executive team
- Conceptualize and guide data processing, warehouse and analysis projects
- Design and oversee database models, schemas, data processing scripts, and data validation approach
- Implement data governance policies consistent with client requirements
- Guide the development of data management framework that meets business needs and ensures users can find the information they need with speed and precision
- Ensure data quality in deployments of the Casebook Platform
- Work with data engineers, developers and product team to ensure common understanding of application behavior and data requirements
- Develop human services domain expertise to provide effective leadership
- Ensure that data conversion from legacy human services systems into the Casebook data model yields high quality data
- Work closely with system integration partner and client data engineering teams
- Consult with engineers about how database tables should be structured, ensure that new data elements are well-defined; and consult on how validations are implemented.
- Develop and track measures regarding the effectiveness and usability of features and the quality of collected data.
- Evaluate and recommend data products, tools and services to support business needs
- Review and sign off on production data fixes
- Conceptualize and influence data related warehousing and interface projects
What You Have (Skills and Requirements):
- Exceptional ability to process and synthesize information to deliver optimal solutions and identify roadblocks.
- Candidates should have several years’ experience working with technical and operational management and process owners
- Strong ability to conceive and communicate the broader data picture
- Solid experience translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Extensive experience with ETL design and implementation of multiple databases
- Experience with metadata definition, implementation and maintenance
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments
- Initiative and judgment to get results, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of system development life cycle, technical project management approaches and requirements, design and test techniques
- Experience with PostgreSQL and related technologies strongly desired
- Experience with cloud services in data management and analysis, preferably AWS
- Strong experience with distributed platforms and information management systems.
- Experience doing data analysis with Python, R or Scala
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management or information systems, or equivalent experience
Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an Infrastructure / DevOps engineer, who will play a central role managing a mission-critical SaaS infrastructure in the Amazon cloud. Our ideal candidate has a passion for infrastructure automation ( “infrastructure as code” design), and is committed to continuous improvement, solving problems as part of a diverse team that includes engineers, QA testers, a release manager, product managers, and client stakeholders. He or she is meticulous about user facing infrastructure work, and has a service oriented ethic focused on meeting the needs of both developers and customers. Responsibilities include building and integrating tools enabling automated software deploys, database backups and restores, software updates, and driving our infrastructure and service delivery platform forward.
What You’ll Do (Responsibilities):
- Creating and integrating tools to improve automation, monitoring and troubleshooting in the Amazon cloud
- Configuring and managing a variety of internally developed and third-party applications and services, across multiple environments
- Enhancing automated deployment mechanisms using Ansible, Jenkins, Docker and CloudFormation
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving issues for application, database, Elastic Search, and background job servers.
- Participating in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Contributing to decision making to address issues that affect application uptime, security, performance or deployment schedules
- Supporting “data fixes” on testing and production environments
What You Have (Skills and Experience):
- 2+ years of experience as an Infrastructure engineer supporting a multi-tier web application in production
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture and services (Amazon preferred)
- Experience with at least one software configuration management systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Solid understanding of software application builds and deployments
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Linux system admin experience and experience using Docker
- Experience with PostgreSQL (design, configuration, replication, backups)
- Strong scripting skills (Ansible, Ruby, Bash, Python)
- Operational experience with Elastic Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana)
- Knowledge of the IP protocol suite and associated troubleshooting
- Familiar with application monitoring tools, such as DataDog or New Relic
- Experience working in a zero-downtime environment
- Advanced knowledge of the following highly preferred: software development lifecycle, agile methodologies, Git, Ruby on Rails, Pivotal Tracker
- Minimum of B.S. in computer science, information technology management or related field